Starting a comparison
Using our free online compare tool is simple:
- Upload an older/base file with the left button.
- Upload a newer/target file with the right button.
- Hit Compare.
Changes are highlighted
When your comparison is complete, you will see two documents side-by-side, with the changes highlighted.
- Deleted text (on the left but not the right) is highlighted red.
- Inserted text (on the right but not the left) is highlighted green.
- Text that has been replaced is considered a combination of deleted text and inserted text.
You'll notice that your documents will scroll together, sometimes at varying speeds. This is Sync Scrolling optimizing your viewing experience. You can disable this by toggling the button.