Draftable is a leading global document comparison business, with North America and Australia our key markets.
Our product suite provides the fastest and most intuitive way to compare documents including PDF, Word, PowerPoint and more. While Draftable was founded on the premise that great products sell themselves, the company is now looking to further accelerate its growth through the addition of the company’s first sales-focused hire to work directly with our experienced Commercial Director.
Draftable is in an enviable position. We have several Fortune 500 companies as clients, with a growing number of warm leads globally. In addition, we have ongoing access to capital to support a rapid global sales expansion over the coming years. This presents a unique opportunity for anyone coming on board at this stage in the company’s growth.
Draftable’s current team is based in Melbourne consisting of a mix of young, ambitious employees from a variety of different backgrounds, as well as experienced founders. As the company’s first sales-focused hire, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn directly from Draftable’s Commercial Director and Head of Growth, providing you with an unmatched career development opportunity.
You will be responsible for generating revenue through B2B sales, building client relationships, work on general strategic sourcing of prospects and guide enterprise clients through the full sales cycle. This will include lead outreach via emails and calls, building and sending out proposals, as well managing your own pipeline and CRM.
With a lot of our clients hailing from America, you will be expected to start your days early to catch clients on the US East Coast, meaning you also finish early. A typical day might start at 6am to finish at 2pm, however we are flexible!
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Around 2-3 years sales experience*
- A highly motivated, self-driven attitude and the ability to thrive in a high growth startup environment
- A strong ability to communicate, present and pitch effectively
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets and a desire to work in a target driven sales environment
- A proven aptitude to create, maintain and grow successful relationships
- An interest in technology, startups and an entrepreneurial mindset
*Note: if you don’t meet this requirement but have other life experience you feel is relevant, we would still love to hear from you.
During the application process, we expect to gain a better understanding of your sales experience, including the types of products you’ve sold, and the type of customers you’ve sold to.
We expect to conduct the application process in the following four stages:
- Initial application – send through CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Phone interview – for us to get a better understanding of your experience and goals
- Formal interview – for us to tell you more about the role, and to better understand how we can work together
- Meet the team – for you to meet the Commercial Director, Head of Growth and the rest of the team
Summary of opportunity
- A unique opportunity to be the first sales-focused employee and be part of the team to build out a complete international sales function
- The ability to be mentored and developed by experienced professionals in Sales, Business and Technology
- Attractive and flexible working hours, coupled with sales exposure to international markets in the US, Europe and Australia
- Being part of a young, ambitious and fast-growing tech startup, right here in Melbourne
How to apply
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brendan McGreevy on 03 9880 2025 today to discuss the role in more detail.